Since time began humans have been fascinated with the powerful energies of gemstones. The practice of healing with stones is very old indeed. Gemstones, crystals, rocks, and mountains have held, and continue to hold, powers of protection, ceremony, and ritual. We are often drawn to the big and beautiful. However, there is proof that smaller stones from the mother stone are just as powerful, holding the same energy signature.
Women and men have been carrying gemstones with them since they first picked up a rock, innately knowing their power. It is said that high priestesses and priests wore gemstones in their breast plates. These were known as good luck. They were also believed to protect them, cure illnesses, and gas them psychic vision. Healers also wore them to bring calm, work miracles, and for protection. For more information on history and folklore, check out the books below.
Stones – Simple & Humble
We are often drawn to the bling, the bright, and the beautifully coloured precious stones. But make no mistake, the simple, humble river rock can hold as much beauty, charm, and healing as any other. Bold or modest, earth’s energy is in rocks. The often overlooked, yet magnificent quartz crystal resonates, vibrates, and balances ALL Chakras. Big or small the energy is in them all! Clear Quartz – clearing, cleansing, amplifying your intentions, healing, and memory enhancement.
As our planet continues to shift, slide, and shimmy, we bear witness to the awesome power of Mother Earth as mountains are born; lava bubbles to the surface from the heated core beneath our feet; and the wind’s power, and rivers and oceans never-ending flow polishes and shapes eons of rock. The beautiful stones that lay beneath our feet, before us, and above our heads are the magnificent gifts from Mother Earth. Therefore, the question is ‘how could these stones not be filled with energy, healing, and magic?’
Reiki & Crystals
Many Reiki Practitioners and Reiki Teachers often utilize crystals as additional tools in their healing. Reiki is focused on all systems of the body, including the Chakra System. Chakra is Sanskrit meaning ‘wheel’. There are multiple systems in the body, the chakra system, the meridians being two of them. Chakras can easily be balanced and revitalized through energy work, crystals, or a combination. To enhance this energy, a combination of Reiki Energy and Crystals is indeed a powerful combination. We are part of the earth, therefore, it is not surprising t our bodies resonate to the energy of crystals. Crystals choose us – not the other way around!
Gemstones & the Seven Main Chakras
- Root (Base, 1st):
- Resonates to the colour Red, and vibrates and balances to stones such as Red Tiger’s Eye or Red Jasper
- Sacral (Creative, Sexual, 2nd):
- Resonates to the colour Orange, and vibrates and balances to stones such as Carnelian
- Solar Plexus (Empowerment, 3rd):
- Resonates to the colour Yellow, and vibrates and balances to stones such as Citrine
- Heart (Love, 4th):
- Resonates to the colour Green or Pink, and vibrates and balances to stones such as Rose Quartz or Malachite
- Throat (Communication, 5th):
- Resonates to the colour Light Blue, and vibrates and balances to stones such as Blue Lace Agate
- Third Eye (Intuitive, 6th):
- Resonates to the colour Indigo Blue, and vibrates and balances to stones such as Sodalite
- Crown (Divine Connection, 7th):
- Resonates to the colour Purple and vibrates and balances to stones such as Amethyst
- Clear Quartz – clearing, cleansing, amplifying your intentions, healing, and memory enhancement – connects with all chakras.
Check these out…
The study of stones, crystals, and the discovery of their properties and benefits is endless. There’s so much to learn! For more in-depth information, check out:
- Healing Crystals and Gemstones (From Amethyst to Zircon) by Dr. Flora Peschek-Böhmer and Gisela Schreiber
- The Crystal Healer (Crystal Prescriptions That Will Change Your Life Forever) by Philip Permutt
- Love is In the Earth (A Kaleidoscope of Crystals) by Melody
- The Encyclopedia of Crystals by Judy Hall
For more information about Crystals, Gemstones, and Reiki, please feel free to contact Lois: firstname.lastname@example.org